10 Places to Visit This Summer
Summer is in full swing! And that means fun family trips, bon-fires, camping, sleeping in (maybe not so much when you’re a mom) and a summer bucket list of places to visit.
Whatever you decide to do with your family this summer, here is a list of 10 places to visit this summer that are free or low-cost. If you live in California or just visiting, put these places on your California summer bucket list and go visit them today.
California Summer Bucket List
- Old Sacramento is a great place to visit with little ones. Enjoy some ice-cream as you admire the beautiful historical buildings and waterfront, check out the candy shop, and take in all that this charming little town has to offer.
- Redwood Forest will have you feeling like a tiny ant when you experience the grandeur of those big trees.
- Fort Ross is a state historic park and a great place to go camping, have a picnic or explore the trails and beaches for a day.
- Monterey, CA is the home of so many places worth visiting this summer- Carmel-by-the-sea, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and Cannery Row. Visit for a day to stroll the gift shops, grab lunch, and enjoy the breath-taking attractions. Or stay in a nearby hotel to explore even more in Monterey County.
- Half Moon Bay is a beach worth visiting. With the cool water, refreshing breeze, and peaceful nearby town, it’s a place that the entire family can enjoy.
- Golden Gate Park in San Francisco has many free attractions such as lakes, a garden, and picnic areas.
- Mission Bay in San Diego is a wonderful beach where your children can play, you can watch the beautiful waves of the ocean, or have a picnic.
- Sun and Sea Festival in San Diego is a festival that happens in July in Imperial beach. This festival has a ton of children’s crafting activities, a kid zone, food samples, and even a sandcastle competition!
- Old Town State Historic Park in San Diego has many museums that are free admission. Experience the beautiful history of where San Diego was born.
- If you’re visiting L.A., the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a must-see! Stroll the street, find your favorite celebrities, and take photos to capture these amazing memories.
Enjoy this summer with your whole family and visit some of these California summer bucket list places. Let me know in the comments your favorite places to visit.
Don’t forget to check out Day Trips With Kids blog post to make sure your trip is a success.
You got this mama!
Leave a Reply