Love is in the air!
Can you feel it?
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.
Time to dress up in those fancy clothes, put that favorite red lipstick on and go to…your dining room!
Because let’s be real, it’s 2021 and the only place most of us in the world are allowed without a mask on is our very own kitchen. It also means you need some Valentine’s Day Date Night Dinner Ideas.
Even if we could go out, being a mom and especially a special needs mom makes it hard to leave your family for a night out. That’s why I love my date night’s in! Check out my blog post on date nights at home here.
I want you to know that you CAN have a great date night in with your husband and even your kids. I love celebrating Valentine’s Day with the kids. We use plates with hearts on them and make sure to have a special dessert.
With a little bit of help from me you can also have a fun Valentine’s Day date night in with these 8 easy and delicious Valentine’s Day date night dinner ideas.
Valentine’s Day Date Night Dinner Ideas
1.Sushi at home – if you love sushi this is a fun treat to make at home. Kids can also get in on the action of making these. Check out homebodyeats.com and make your sushi dinner at home.
2. Chicken Marsala – a great chicken dish is always a hit and most of the time chicken is kid approved. Try this recipe from Helene of masalaherb.com and you wont be disappointed.
3. Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – yes another chicken dish. Who doesn’t love a good chicken alfredo? Check out the recipe from Natasha of natashaskitchen.com. She has amazing recipes on her blog. Go show her some love. (And learn how to make the best chicken alfredo.)
4. Chicken Parmesan – I promise this is the last chicken recipe on the list. Check out this recipe. Parmesan chicken is one of the first things I learned to make when learning to cook and it never disappoints.
5. Pizza – yes I’m including pizza as part of this valentine’s day dinner ideas. Almost everyone loves pizza and it’s kid approved. You can even make it fancy by making your own. And you can get kids involved as well.
Get all your favorite toppings out including your favorite sauce. Or do what I do and use the pasta sauce out of a jar that is in the pantry. You can use a store bought pizza dough, pillsbury french bread dough or pizza dough or you can make your own.
Pizza dough recipe (you can also make the most amazing no knead bread)
You will need:
3 cups warm water
1.5 TBS salt
1.5 TBS active dry yeast
6 1/2 cups all purpose flour
In a large bowl first dissolve the salt and yeast in the warm water. Then add the flour. Just stir using a large wooden or plastic spoon.
The dough will be sticky. That’s the way it should be. This will make LOTS of dough.
Cover the dough but not completely. Let it sit on your counter for a couple hours. At this point you can use the dough if you’re ready or refrigerate it still keeping slightly covered.
When you’re ready to use the dough either for bread making or pizza, take the bowl out and take as much dough as you need. You may need to flour your hands and the dough as you work with it.
For pizza dough or bread, take the amount you want from the large bowl and let it rest until doubled in size (40 min). If you’re making bread just bake at 450 degrees until golden brown. If you’re using for pizza, roll it out and put the toppings on. Bake at 425.
6. Salmon – I love fish. I think it’s because my mom always made the best fish dishes. And salmon is such an easy fish to work with and bakes up fast. When buying salmon either buy the fillets or a whole half (for the family). Drizzle a little oil on the salmon and season with favorite seasoning. Bake on broil. It will take about 10 or so minutes. Watch it though because it will be fast! You can also mx a little dijon mustard, some honey and salt and pepper and smother the salmon with the mixture. Bake as before. I’m not giving you exact amounts because it really depends on your tastes.
7. Brownies – everyone loves brownies and they are one of the easiest desserts to make. My secret to make delicious brownies? I buy the cocoa powder and make the recipe that is on the box! I learned somewhere that the recipe that you find on the ingredient you’re buying is the best to use because it will be highlighting that ingredient. The Nestle Toll House cocoa powder and the brownie recipe is AMAZING!
8. Raspberry Crumbles – pinchofyum.com has some amazing recipes. And this raspberry crumples recipe is sure to please. You may want to wait until the kids go to bed before enjoying this one as the recipe is for 2!
There you go mama! Some amazing, easy to make and kid approved Valentine’s Day dinner ideas. Have fun! Eat food! Love!
You got this, mama.