*This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Summer is almost here and that means hot weather, no school and lots of family fun.
A family summertime bucket list is a must!
It’s a great way to keep track of what you should do this summer.
I always feel like there is so much fun to be had and I love creating a list.
In this crazy time in the world you may not be able to do everything you want. Your special vacation spot may be closed.
But don’t worry.
I’ve come up with 10 activities you can do this summer. You MUST do this summer. Just add them to your family summertime bucket list.
I hope you add these to your very own list.
Family Summertime Bucket List.
- Take a virtual tour (of almost anything) – adventuresinfamilyhood.com has a great list of virtual field trips.
Travel and leisure have a great list of famous museums that you can now visit from the comfort of your home.
- Create a weekly routine of movie in PJ’s – one day a week pick a movie you really wanted to see or one you already love and watch it as a family in your PJ’s with a bucket of popcorn or your favorite snack. Check out what Amazon has these days.
- Scavenger hunt around the house. If you want to keep kids busy while indoors give them something to find. Sign up below to get your activity bundle including a list for a scavenger hunt.
- Write and mail a handwritten letter to a friend you haven’t seen in a while. I have some cute templates in my etsy store you can check out.
- Create a movie for the family and watch that movie on movei night.
- Write and act out a play
- Learn a new skill and teach your child a new skill.
There are also so many free classes online. Check out some of these ideas:
Writing – you will also get more links in the summer time bucket list bundle download
Learn anything on Youtube.
- Have a picnic in your backyard (or front yard).
Make some sandwiches and bring some juice boxes. Spread a little blanket out and enjoy the beautiful weather and listen to the birds sing.
- Bake some goodies and deliver to a neighbor or friend (keeping social distance of course)
- Plant an herb garden. Check out some of these great resources for gardening with children.
–https://kidsgardening.org/ – this website has so many great activities to do with your kids.
–https://www.planetnatural.com/gardening-kids/ – this website has great tips on gardening with kids and being safe.
– lifehacker.com has some great tips on what veggies to plant if you’re a first time gardener.
Download the summertime bucket list bundle to get the full list of amazing and kid friendly gardening resources.
Even though you may be stuck at home that doesn’t mean you have to be bored with nothing to do.
Make a list for your summertime bucket list and have some fun.
And remember mama, you got this.